Position: Strategic Planning Senior Consultant (Full-Time)
Location: Greater Philadelphia, Hybrid Work Schedule. This position could be mostly remote if the candidate lives a few hours’ drive from Philadelphia.
Overview of the Senior Consultant’s role:
The Strategic Planning Senior Consultant will be a full-time team member of the S&W Strategic Planning team, reporting to the Vice President of Strategic & Business Planning. The Senior Consultant will conduct and lead a variety of strategic and organizational planning projects from inception through completion and be responsible for project deliverables and ensuring a high-quality client-experience. This position is also responsible for executing business development efforts such as generating sales leads, writing proposals, and leading sales presentations.
Having excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently, and consistently delivering high-quality work are fundamental elements of this position.
- Conducting strategic planning projects and leading throughout the process, being responsible for every component of the process and ensuring projects are completed on budget.
- Developing client-facing project materials and final deliverables.
- Engaging in and leading the sales process for prospective clients which includes leading sales calls, designing custom scopes of work, writing proposals, and creating and delivering sales presentations.
- Bringing in sales leads and securing projects.
- Stewarding past clients.
- Preparing materials and presentations for internal S&W efforts/needs.
- Supporting the development of internal marketing materials for the strategic planning line of service.
- Upholding S&W’s reputation for providing clients with exceptional service and outcomes.
Candidate Experience and Required Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience conducting and leading comprehensive strategic planning projects with nonprofit organizations.
- Creation and management of project budgets.
- Leading project teams which include individuals of different backgrounds and age ranges.
- Demonstrated experience in working with organizations around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion issues.
- Expertise in:
- Designing strategic planning scopes of work.
- Facilitation of planning focus groups, workshops, and retreats.
- Designing surveys and analyzing the results to identify key takeaways and presenting them in a variety of formats.
- Synthesizing complex information from different sources into clear, professional reports.
- Leading internal and client meetings.
- Delivering professional, client-facing presentations.
- Writing compelling narrative strategic plan reports
- Proposal writing.
- Fundraising expertise is a plus.
- Financial analysis/modeling expertise is a plus.
To be successful in this role, the candidate needs to demonstrate and value the following capabilities:
- Familiar with best practices in strategic planning
- Excellence in written and verbal communications
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Takes direction and feedback well
- Flexible and adaptable to changing timelines and assigned tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Natural strategic thinker, collaborative spirit and sense of humor desired
Please submit a cover letter and resume as one pdf to Ioyne Smith, Human Resource Manager, email@example.com.
Candidates invited to interview will be asked to submit a sample strategic plan prior to the interview.
The salary range for this position is $82,000-$92,000.
S&W is dedicated to equitable hiring practices. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to our team, including but not limited to age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Schultz & Williams offers a competitive benefits package which includes strong medical and dental care coverage, 401k with employer contribution, ample paid vacation, and year-end profit sharing.