CONSULTANTS – STRATEGIC PLANNING (CONTRACT)
The Strategic Planning Consultant will be a contracted project team member of the S&W Strategic Planning team, led by the Director of Strategic Planning. The Consultant will work on select S&W strategic and organizational planning projects according to project opportunities and needs. This person will support the S&W project lead across a range of consulting activities from project design through delivery of the final projects. High-level professionalism and high-quality work are fundamental elements of this work.
In sum, the Consultant is a thought partner and a “roll up the sleeves to dive into the work” team player.
- Review, prepare and present information and reports to various audiences, including the internal S&W team and client stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews for strategic planning projects.
- Design surveys and analyze and summarize results.
- Facilitate strategic planning meetings and workshops.
- Conduct third-party research.
- Draft client project reports.
- Assist with strategizing and writing-up custom scopes of work for clients.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Maintain the S&W brand at all times.
Candidate Experience and Skills Requirements:
- At least 10 years of professional experience with several years in a mid to senior leadership role.
- At least two years of professional organization-wide strategic planning experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with organizations or individuals to address or manage diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.
- Experience facilitating meeting discussions and focus groups.
- Able to collect, analyze and synthesize information into clear, professional reports.
- Demonstrated experience working with or for nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent writer with experience writing project proposals and professional, compelling reports.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with S&W team members and other individuals of all backgrounds and professional levels
- Very strong presenter.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Takes direction and feedback well.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing timelines and assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
- Natural strategic thinker, collaborative spirit, and sense of humor desired.
S&W is committed to equitable practices in hiring and welcome different backgrounds and perspectives to our team including age, race, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation.
Please submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF to Lauren Hansen-Flaschen, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Strategic Planning Consultant Application.
Contract consultants are generally paid between $70-$90/hour to start depending on experience and specializations.
Candidates invited to have a first-round interview will be asked to submit a relevant writing sample (this would not be an academic paper but a professional report/written product)
Powering Missions That Matter, StaffSolutions and ElevateNP are trademarks of Schultz & Williams.
Copyright © Schultz & Williams, All rights reserved.